I wore my new hot pink shorts, gray leggings, a light pink oversize shirt, my pink and white GCSU hat, and my pink and gray Reeboks. Now you see why I said "Pretty in Pink." Well it definitely wasn't pretty, but I was in pink.
iPhone apps used today:
- Songza (see previous posts)...still fabulous.
- C25K Free (see previous posts)...still good.
- Nexercise...an app that tracks motion and time when you exercise. I've been using this one for a while now, just forgot to talk about it earlier. I use it for everything from Wii Zumba to housework. It's fabulous. You exercise and you get points and badges. As a teacher, I guess I'm easily motivated by stickers and points. Ha! But for real, it's great fun. You can connect with friends and see how they're working out, too. Sure does make you feel lazy though when your friends are exercising and you're not.
- Sports Tracker...a new one suggested to me by my friend yesterday. It tracks time and distance, as well as lap time, and average speed. It also has a GPS feature which is nice (even though I know where I'm going). It also has voice notifications, similar to C25K so maybe I should name her, too.
- Charity Miles...another new one my friend suggested. It is REALLY inspiring. You simply pick a charity, and run or walk. For every mile, you earn corporate sponsorship of 25 cents for that charity. That simple. Today, I earned almost 75 cents for Stand Up 2 Cancer. Not much, but I feel good about it, nonetheless.
So that's right. That's 5 apps running all at the same time, so if you want to use all of them, be sure to have a full charge on your iPhone, iPod, or other smart phone. It zapped my battery quick. I left with 100% and returned with 24%.
I traveled the same route today as Thursday, but went up and down the same side, which was remarkably better. I changed out the ear buds for the Bluetooth earpiece I have. It was AMAZING! However, I could only hear out of one ear, so that was annoying, but my sweet husband thinks he has a set of Bluetooth headphones somewhere, and that would be phenomenal. I still need a better way to carry water, because I'm pretty sure I can't go without it.
I'm not going to lie. Today was so much harder than Thursday. I guess because I was already sore. Wow! I walked almost the entire way back. "Don't be afraid to walk when your body hurts." right? So I did. End of story. I got back and felt like I wanted to throw up. I didn't. I felt like I was going to die. I didn't. I did cry though. I don't know why, but as soon as I got upstairs to my apartment, I burst into tears. Cathartic process I suppose. I did yell at Stella a lot, and that helped my frustration. I walked a long time with my right shoelace untied, because it hurt too badly to bend down and tie it. Did I care? Nope. Ask me if I care who saw it? I didn't. It's still untied by my door where I took it off.
There are a lot of differences between running/walking on a Saturday morning, as opposed to a Thursday evening. There were a lot of runners out today. Except, not a single one looked like me. They were all cute little petite girls with skin tight clothes and big smiles. One girl was even talking on the phone while she was running. They all said, "Good morning!" as they ran past, but all I could muster was a hand wave. It was discouraging that they made it look so easy, but I had to tell myself that they had a week one start somewhere in their lives, too. Also I ran past all the same store, except now they were open. I ran past the sign spinners at the We Buy Gold store and the Serta sheep at the mattress store. The Serta sheep guy was probably the creepiest. He waved and that was nice, but then he did a head turn and watched by butt and thighs jiggle down the sidewalk. Gross.
I texted Bestie upon return for immediate support, and she reminded me that 4 months from now, the pool opens and I will be super hot in my bikini! Thanks, Bestie.
Even though I still feel like I'm going to die, I feel a lot better about myself. This blog is helping me sort through feelings and stick with it. I'm glad so many people are reading. Actually it could just be my mom and Bestie checking my page 150 times, but whatever. I feel good about it.
There are 91 days until the Color Run.
Work that ponytail! Mmm look at you, running down the road, working that ponytail!!!
ReplyDelete