I'll be the first to admit the simple fact that life throws you curves, and if I could learn to swerve I would, but I just keep getting blind-sided.
Yes, it has almost been an entire week since I officially worked out or blogged. This was not intentional, that's for sure. Wednesday night I found out that a close friend of mine and my husband's passed away of a sudden heart attack. I was in shock. I'm pretty sure I'm still in shock. It hit our group of friends pretty hard, and it's taken all energy (physical and emotional) to even get out of bed the last few days, much less exercise. Thursday, we all got together to remember our friend and mourn together. Friday, hubby had a gig (and the show must go on), so off we went. All the friends came too, so it was another mourning session. Saturday was the funeral, and I don't think I have to explain any further. Sunday was yet another emotional day.
Today, I was off work due to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and I spent most of the morning watching the Presidential Inauguration. It's always very inspiring, and it helped me get off the couch easier.
That being said, I spent the rest of the day super cleaning my apartment. I vacuumed, mopped, scrubbed, washed, folded, and freshened every room (except for my hubby's "man cave", which is just the second bedroom...either way, I don't touch that room). I logged all of my vigorous cleaning into Nexercise as well as My Fitness Pal. I went grocery shopping. Slowly, life is getting back to normal. I'm just glad I had an extra day to get there. It's still going to be tough, but I think it'll be OK. I also did a short session (about 30 minutes) of Zumba, and that always makes me feel better.
I found an amazing website: Skinnytaste.com . I made their version of chicken enchiladas tonight, and I just cannot believe they were only 160 calories a serving! Fabulous!
I felt bad about getting off my routine (I missed 5 straight days with 2 of those being scheduled workout days), but I had to stop and remember that I have to pause sometimes. Besides, my friend wouldn't mind me skipping workout days anyway. I could gain 15 pounds and the next time I see him, he'd say "I swear you've lost weight! You look FANTASTIC!" He was always quite the charmer. I'll miss you buddy. Thank you for helping make me a better person. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment