Today, I was (am) so sore! Everything hurts and burns, even my hands. You don't realize how much you use your ab muscles until you sneeze when you're sore. Ouch. It's a good hurt though. It's a burn I know means something. The burn energizes me more.
I've received so much encouragement and motivation from friends and family literally overnight. A friend from high school sent me information about cool apps for my iPhone (because I really need one more app going while I'm running), and words of advice. She told me she started running last year, and it changed her life. It was very encouraging. My best friend from high school wants to start running and training with me now! How inspiring! Another friend of mine, who has run quite a few 5Ks in his life, gave me solid advice.
1. Never take two days off in a row, and 2.Don't be afraid to walk when your body hurts. See, solid advice.
The Couch to 5K program alternates days, and THANK GOD for that! Last night, I was thinking, "I could do this tomorrow! Gotta keep up the momentum, right?!" This morning? Not so much. My coworkers at school kept picking at me because I wore the "ouch" face all day. Ya know, that one where your face is all squished up because it burns to breathe? Yep. All day...and basically all I did was sit at my computer and plan lessons and activities. Still a good burn. I love it.
Sidenote: the Couch to 5K app has a wonderfully soothing woman guiding you through everything. I noted a couple of days ago that I hadn't named her, yet. Today, some of my coworkers came up with Stella. I like the name and I can yell out, "STELLAAAAAAA!!!!!" when I am mad at her. It's good to name things.
That being said, thank you for all the love and support! I really feel empowered and I know I can keep it up! I checked the page views this morning, and I think it was at around 10 views (which I'm pretty sure most of those were me because I was super excited). I was so happy! Then I checked it this afternoon when I left work, and the number of page views was up to 110! I couldn't believe it! So once again, thank you for all the support! Keep sending it my way. I have a sneaking suspension that day two will be more painful because I'm sore. Oh well, keep on keeping on!
No comments:
Post a Comment