This "calling out" conversation led to my husband saying we could workout together! He said if I was really serious about it, then he was really serious about it. We could workout together on his days off (pretty much every weekend), and maybe some mornings before I go to work. How exciting is this?
Also, a friend of mine suggested we do morning yoga before work. Now I know I'm not a morning person, but maybe I can do it? This friend and I used to do coffee dates before work once or twice a week, and then (as she put it), "life got in the way." Truer words were never spoken. Life happens. It sucks, but somehow you have to start over and try again.
Another friend suggested on Facebook to start with just one or two workout days a week. Do it when I can fit in with my normal schedule. Start slow. Maybe I can stick with it this time. I'm tired of not being able to stick with anything. However my husband meant it, it's true. The follow through is the important part. Hopefully if I have my husband and my friends, the follow through will actually happen this time!
Another goal is to keep up with this blog more often. I know people are reading, and it is a great source of encouragement for me! Thanks, guys! Keep it up!
The whole point is that I'm really excited (and kinda nervous) to start actually working out with my husband. I think it will be a great adventure for us, and I'm so excited! It'll be great for us to do things together, and hopefully we can build healthy habits!
bravo!!
ReplyDeletemuch love and luck to you both
love, ma